Chitwa Chitwa has the pleasure of welcoming children of all ages. From the age of 6 onwards, upon the dedicated guide approval, children will be permitted to participate with the adults on safari. For the younger children, dedicated activities will be offered to the family during the arrival briefing.
Chitwa Children Eco-Experience
The Chitwa Children eco-experience is designed to entice our younger guests into our world whilst encouraging a love for the African bush and her many secrets as well as a greater awareness of the environment in general.
- A daily bush walk within our enclosed camp area. Walks are guided by an educator who will offer the children the opportunity to learn about and identify the beautiful fauna and flora in the area. Basic bush skills are taught such as how to survive in the bush, what plants to eat and how to build a basic shelter.
- A face painting session where children will enjoy a big five masquerade.
- Making spoor moulds of animal tracks with plaster of paris.
- Evenings spent roasting marshmallows and sipping hot chocolate whilst listening to the enchanting folk-tales as told by an “intokoto” (the Shangaan term used to describe a person with lots of life experience).
- Chitwa Chitwa story books are placed on children’s beds during turn down in the evenings. These fairy tales include traditional local bedtime stories such as “when the elephant was King” and “ When the hippo was hairy”.
Our Children Policy
- Children who have not yet turned 3 by the date of arrival stay free of charge
- Children from the age of 3 up to their 6th birthday will be charged 25%
- Children from the age of 6 up to their 12th birthday will be charged 50%
- Children 12 years and older sharing with adults will be charged full adult rate.
- Children under 6 will not be allowed on game drives unless parents have the sole use of the vehicle. Vehicle exclusivity must be pre-booked.